Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ye Cannot Say, When Ye Are Brought To That Awful Crisis...

Alma 34:33 
"And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed"



As my mission comes to an end this same scripture applies. I know that I have done what I can for my God and I have done my best to serve him faithfully. In our missions in life we cannot wait to the end to change or decide to serve God, but we must do it now. No matter what point in our lives we are at we should decide today to serve God and not wait until the end is near. I know that God is real. He is our Father, and Jesus Christ is literally His son. He was sent to this word for us. He lived and died so that we may know the way to return to our God. But we must do it now. There is no better time. Tomorrow is never guaranteed, but, today is! If we trust in God and we repent, God will forgive us of our sins. And when that day comes we will be called by His name and we will be numbered among the Saints of God. 


I have come to know now more then ever before that God loves His children! And all that He wants us to do is to follow the example of His son, Jesus Christ. And that any man or woman will get nearer to God by reading His book, The Book of Mormon, and living by its teachings then by any other book! It is a gate that we must enter through if we are to get to our Father in heaven, and abide in His kingdom forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment