Monday, March 7, 2011

Change...It can wait, right?

Often times I think to myself when I know I need to do somethings is, I'll do it later", or "it can wait tell tomorrow." But what happens when we procrastinate what we know is right? At the time it seems as though nothing is affectied but in reality everything can change!
The scriptures read, "Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this;....For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold, ye have become subjected to the spirit of the devil, and he doth seal you his; therefore, the Spirit of the Lord hath withdrawn from you, and hath no place in you, and the devil hath all power over you; and this is the final state of the wicked." (Alma 34:34-35)

The Savior said to Matthew "Follow me. And he arose, and followed him" (Matthew 9:9) He invites all men to come unto him to be healed and cleansed from all there sins. When he said to matthew "follow me" he imediatly stode in his place and followed the Master. He did not wait or say "why should I?", or "I'll be right there" But he follow Him because he knew that it was right. Often times we feel in our lives that we ether "aren't ready to change," or "I'm just to weak" to follow Christ.
But there are always blessings that come from being obedient to a commandment of God. He wants us to change and have Faith in His Son, Jesus Chist. Who has the power to heal us, to save us from our sins, and to give us the strength to never turn to there sins again. God is faithful but we must choose to follow him and we must act now. There is not time to wait, there is now "tomorrow" but there is a today!

It is my testimony that through the Savior all things are possible and no matter where we are in life we can change and we can do it now, there is no need for preparing, no need for waiting but to act now and God will help us as we do so, Because he has done it for me and given me the strenght to endure a little longs, to run a little faster, to stand a little taller, and to work a little harder because I know that God will bless me for my work here on earth and through our work, His grace is sufficient to save us from our sins! (see 2 Nephi 25:23, Helamen 12:24)

2 comments:

  1. Our primary lesson yesterday was about Jesus calling His disciples and then His Apostles. We talked about heeding the Spirit immediately when it whispers to us, just like Peter did when the Savior called him. Sometimes we get another chance and sometimes we don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats why its so importent to listen the first time because if we dont we are judged to the things the spirit told us but if we do we are following Christ.

    ReplyDelete