Thursday, March 10, 2011

When The Waters of Our Life's Get Rough, How Do We Stay Afloat?

I know that God lives and that he has a plan for all of us and for everything that happens. "All things have been done in the wisdom of Him who knoweth all things"

What happens when we loss someone we love?
A daughter, a sister, a father, a mother.
What do we do when it feels like life as we know it comes crashing down? What can we do when we pass through sorrow?

The Savior said "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) The Lord, Jesus Christ knows us very well and at a very personal level. He is real and does care for us. He past through all sorrow, pain, and grief so that we may be comforted.
"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind;...he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." (Alma 7:11-12)
He suffered all things so that He can give us the aid, support, and relief from our heart aches that we need. This act that allowed him to help us is called the Atonement. Where he suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane, and "His sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground." (Luke 22:44) When He hung on the Cross, And nails we driven through His feet and Hands. And the Miraculous event that crowned it all three days later, The day of His Resurrection (watch the talk given by President Thomas S. Monson, the current prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ, on the link provided under Resurrection), here he broke the "bands of death" so that all of us will have power over death and that we will be reunited with Him and with our family's some day.


When we go through these hard times what can we do? The answer, rely upon Jesus Christ. As He left the earth He said to His apostles, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace...Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:26-27) When I have hard times, when I feel like all hope is lost. I am often reminded of the song "Where Can I Turn For Peace"


Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When, with a wounded heart, anger, or malice
I draw myself apart searching my soul?
Where, when my aching grows?
Where, when I languish?
Where, in my need to know?
Where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.
He answers privately.
Reaches my reaching.
In my Gethsemane, Savior, and friend.
Gentle, the peace He finds
For my beseeching.
Constant He is, and kind.
Love without end.


In the Introduction to The Book of Mormon it says that, "it tells men what they must do to have peace in this life" The peace i gain is not from reading the book alone. It comes from learning of my Savior and Redeemer who is Christ and knowing that He does love me, and He does know my needs and cares. And most Importantly HE HAS A PLAN!!

1 comment:

  1. This is just what we all need. Thank You. I know that we will all find peace in our own way and that we can.
    Christina McDonald.

    ReplyDelete